California State Historic Landmark 311
#311 Warner Ranch House
In 1844, Gov. Manuel Micheltorena granted 44,322 acres to Juan Jose Warner who built this house. Gen. Kearny passed here in 1846; Mormon Battalion in 1847. First Butterfield Stage stop at this ranch on Oct. 6, 1858 enroute from Tipton, Mo. to San Francisco; 2,600 miles, time 24 days. This was the southern overland route into California.
County Hwy S2 (PM 0.7), 0.7 mi E of junction with Hwy 79, 4 mi SE of Warner Springs.
Return to other landmarks in San Diego county.
Send comments to: